062010/music is my heart

It's been a long time since I've actually talked music with someone. Music is an interesting thing because it is so personal. What you listen to is your business and nobody else's. You have music for when you're feeling happy and music for when you're feeling sad. You might pick your favorite songs either for the lyrics or the beat. It's all up to you.

This is probably why people feel deeply attached to their choices in music. Even though music is for everyone, it can be very personal. Something I yearn for in life is to find my musical soulmate. Someone who can accompany me to shows and talk music with. But because an individual's musical taste can range greatly, I realize that a perfect match is near impossible.

Even so, if you ask around, you can probably find a lot of overlaps within peoples' musical spectrums. Imagine my surprise when I actually find someone who also loves the genius of the Blue Scholars or the hilarity of the Flight of the Conchords. Music has the power to alienate people or bring them together.

I have no idea where I am going with this. I guess I've been thinking about the wonders of music lately because I've been trying to expand my own musical library. I've been searching through blogs and various other places, opening my ears and my mind to things I've never experienced before. From this, I've found out that a big part of music is being open to different things. This is also a good approach to life in general. Why knock something you've never tried before or know nothing about?

I've come to the conclusion that the whole world revolves around music. There are many lessons to be learned and many experiences to be gained from opening up your ears. And open ears ultimately lead to an open heart. So open up your heart. Listen.


MusicPlaylistRingtones
Create a playlist at MixPod.com

No comments:

Post a Comment